This environmental guidance is for businesses that design, build and maintain gardens and landscapes. Landscaping activities include grassing, planting, hard landscaping, fencing, ground maintenance and chemical weed control.
Landscaping includes the planting, care and maintenance of:
- private and public parks and gardens, eg houses, schools, hospitals, municipal parks and green areas
- sports grounds, play grounds and lawns, eg football fields, golf courses and recreational parks
- interior and exterior landscapes, eg roof gardens, façade greenery and indoor gardens
- greenery along highways and waterways, eg roads, train lines, waterways, ponds, ditches and watercourses.
- Air pollution
- Carbon reduction and efficiency
- Emergency response
- Environmental management
- Materials and equipment
- Permits and licences
- Pollution prevention guidelines (PPGs)
- Trade associations and BSOs