Environmental guidance for your business in Northern Ireland & Scotland
You may require authorisation, in the form of permits, licences, consents, registrations, notifications or exemptions, in order to carry out certain types of business activity. You must comply with the conditions that are part of the authorisation. These aim to control the impact of your activities on the environment.
In most cases, you'll need to apply to either:
You will need authorisation if you:
- see the page in this guideline: Pollution prevention and control permits and waste management licences
- see the page in this guideline: Authorisations and consents for discharges
- see the page in this guideline: Trade effluent consents and agreements
- see the page in this guideline: Water abstraction and impoundment authorisations
- see the page in this guideline: Waste carrier, broker and dealer registration
- see the page in this guideline: Hazardous/special waste notification
- see the page in this guideline: Radioactive substances certificates
Types of environmental licence
Zero Waste Scotland launches food redistribution matchmaking service to connect suppliers with organisations in need, Coronavirus disruption is causing gluts and waste across the food chain
Celebrating Businesses on #WorldEnvironmentDay2020, Today #WorldEnvironmentDay2020 we celebrate the record number of businesses that are working towards reducing their environmental impact.
View our latest videos & subscribe to our channel.