Environmental guidance for your business in Northern Ireland & Scotland

Reporting non-native species

Reporting non-native species

You do not need to notify anyone about any plant species. However you can support the efforts being made to map the extent of invasions by reporting non-native species.

  • In Northern Ireland, report non-native invasive species to  CEDaR Online Recording
  • In Scotland, record your sighting online, using the iRecord website, or by phone, using the SEARS phone line - 08452 302050 (24hrs, 7 days a week)

To report a sighting of a non-native species it is useful to:

  • take a photo or provide a detailed description of the species
  • identify the location - ideally to the nearest 100 metres
  • note the date and roughly how much or how many you saw.

Back to Giant Hogweed, Japanese Knotweed and other invasive species home page

Environmental News Blog

  • A day with Hydrology, SEPA's hydrometry unit is responsible for around 400 gauging stations and 350 rainfall monitoring sites. River gauging stations are important as they allow river levels to be monitored so flood events can be predicted and flood warnings sent out.

  • Brewing and Distilling Technical Drop-in Day: Waste, Water, Energy, Brewing and Distilling is booming due to high demand for quality Scottish beers and spirits. All this growth is also leading to a boom in food waste, energy and water use.

NetRegs on NetRegs on youTube

View our latest videos & subscribe to our channel.

NetRegs Update Newsletter

Free monthly email newsletter with environmental updates for Northern Ireland and Scotland

Sign up for free today!


NIEA - Apply online

SEPA - Application forms