Produce an environmental report
Your business can benefit from improving its environmental performance and reporting on this to both staff and your customers.
- give you information about your current performance, and whether you are complying with legislation
- identify where you could improve your activities and use resources more efficiently, saving you money
- involve your staff and help increase their environmental awareness
- help you compare your performance with similar businesses or industry standards
- demonstrate to your staff, customers and the public your commitment to improving your environmental performance.
You should focus on how you manage your key environmental impacts, for example your vehicle carbon emissions, using fuel and oils safely and waste management. Document the progress you are making. This will help you involve and motivate your staff.
To find out how you can measure and report on your business' environmental performance see:
What is an environmental report?
GOV.UK: Guidance on environmental reporting
Global Reporting Initiative: Small, Smart and Sustainable
In this Guideline
Produce a policy statement
Ensure legal compliance
Implement an environmental management system (EMS)
Manage your purchases to minimise your environmental impact
Prepare for the circular economy
Communicate with your staff
Report on your environmental perfomance